Introduction to Fluoropolymers demystifies fluoropolymers for a wide audience of designers, engineers, sales staff and managers. This important group of high-performance polymers has applications across a wide range of market sectors, including automotive, aerospace, medical devices, high performance apparel, oil & gas, renewable energy / solar photovoltaics, electronics / semiconductor, pharmaceuticals, and chemical processing.
Dr. Ebnesajjad covers the history and applications of a wide variety of materials, including expanded polytetrafluoroethylene, polyvinyl fluoride, vinylidene fluoride polymers and fluoroelastomers, just to name a few. Properties and applications are illustrated by real-world examples as diverse as waterproof clothing, vascular grafts and coatings for aircraft interiors. The different applications of fluoropolymers show the benefits of a group of materials that are highly water-repellant and flame-retardant, with unrivalled lubrication properties and a high level of biocompatibility. Health and safety and environmental aspects are also covered throughout the book.
- Demystifies fluoropolymers for a broad audience of engineers in areas such as product design and manufacturing, as well as for non-engineers such as technical sales and management professionals
- Explains the potential of fluoropolymers for a wide range of applications across sectors such as aerospace, energy and medical devices
- Ideal for both recently qualified engineers and engineers with limited experience of fluoropolymers
- ISBN: 9781455775514 |
- Hardcover: 344 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: May 11, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook