Interaction Flow Modeling Language describes how to apply model-driven techniques to the problem of designing the front end of software applications, i.e., the user interaction. The book introduces the reader to the novel OMG standard Interaction Flow Modeling Language (IFML). Authors Marco Brambilla and Piero Fraternali are authors of the IFML standard and wrote this book to explain the main concepts of the language. They effectively illustrate how IFML can be applied in practice to the specification and implementation of complex web and mobile applications, featuring rich interactive interfaces, both browser based and native, client side components and widgets, and connections to data sources, business logic components and services.
Interaction Flow Modeling Language provides you with unique insight into the benefits of engineering web and mobile applications with an agile model driven approach. Concepts are explained through intuitive examples, drawn from real-world applications. The authors accompany you in the voyage from visual specifications of requirements to design and code production. The book distills more than twenty years of practice and provides a mix of methodological principles and concrete and immediately applicable techniques.
- Learn OMG’s new IFML standard from the authors of the standard with this approachable reference
- Introduces IFML concepts step-by-step, with many practical examples and an end-to-end case example
- Shows how to integrate IFML with other OMG standards including UML, BPMN, CWM, SoaML and SysML
- Discusses how to map models into code for a variety of web and mobile platforms and includes many useful interface modeling patterns and best practices
- ISBN: 9780128005323 |
- Hardcover: 422 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Nov 17, 2014 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook