Integrating the Packaging and Product Experience in Food and Beverages: A Road-Map to Consumer Satisfaction focuses on the interrelationship between packaging and the product experience. In both industry and academia there has been a growing interest in investigating approaches that capture consumer responses to products that go beyond traditional sensory and liking measures. These approaches include assessing consumers' emotional responses, obtaining temporal measures of liking, as well as numerous published articles considering the effect of situation and context in the evaluation of food and beverage products.
For fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) products in particular, packaging can be considered as a contributor to consumer satisfaction. Recent cross-modal research illustrated consumers’ dissatisfaction or delight with a product can be evoked when there is dissonance between the packaging and the product experience.
The book includes an extensive overview of an adapted satisfaction scale that has been tailored for the food and beverage sector and which identifies varying satisfaction response modes such as contentment, pleasure, and delight with a product. This is an important development as it provides insights about products that can be used to market specific categories and brands of foods and beverages.
The book demonstrates the value of this approach by bringing together case studies that consider the interrelationships between packaging design, shape, on-pack sensory messages, expectations, and consumer satisfaction with the product.
- Focuses on the inter-relationship between packaging and the product experience, specifically in the context of the food and beverage sector
- Presents the expectancy disconfirmation model of satisfaction, which is well developed within the social sciences, to the food and beverage sector
- Contains case studies demonstrating how these practices can be used in industry to better enhance customer’s responses to products
- Includes an extensive overview of an adapted satisfaction scale that has been tailored for the food and beverage sector and which identifies varying satisfaction response modes such as contentment, pleasure, and delight with a product
- ISBN: 9780081003602 |
- Hardcover: 220 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Mar 31, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook