Beginning with an introduction to jacquard textile design, the book goes on to give an overview of the development of jacquard fabrics and textile design methods. The principles and methods of digital jacquard textile design are considered, followed by a chapter on structural digital design. Subsequent chapters cover the digital design of colourless and colourful jacquard textiles, and the use of novel simulative effects, shot effects and double-face effects in jacquard textiles. A review of the applications of digitally designed jacquard textiles is then presented before the book concludes with a discussion of current issues and future trends in digital jacquard textile design.
With its distinguished authors, Innovative jacquard textile design using digital technologies is an authoritative guide for all those looking to employ this exciting technology in their work, including designers and product developers in the textile, interior and apparel industries, and academics interested in this field.
- Provides a unique guide to the fundamental design principles, techniques and applications of jacquard textile design
- Covers structural digital design, digital design of colourless and colourful jacquard textiles, simulative effects, shot effects and double-face effects
- Includes a comprehensive discussion of current issues and future trends in digital jacquard textile design
- ISBN: 9780857098702 |
- Hardcover: 246 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Feb 26, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook