As the sophistication of cyber-attacks increases, understanding how to defend critical infrastructure systems—energy production, water, gas, and other vital systems—becomes more important, and heavily mandated. Industrial Network Security, Second Edition arms you with the knowledge you need to understand the vulnerabilities of these distributed supervisory and control systems.
The book examines the unique protocols and applications that are the foundation of industrial control systems, and provides clear guidelines for their protection. This how-to guide gives you thorough understanding of the unique challenges facing critical infrastructures, new guidelines and security measures for critical infrastructure protection, knowledge of new and evolving security tools, and pointers on SCADA protocols and security implementation.
- All-new real-world examples of attacks against control systems, and more diagrams of systems
- Expanded coverage of protocols such as 61850, Ethernet/IP, CIP, ISA-99, and the evolution to IEC62443
- Expanded coverage of Smart Grid security
- New coverage of signature-based detection, exploit-based vs. vulnerability-based detection, and signature reverse engineering
- ISBN: 9780124201842 |
- Hardcover: 460 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Dec 9, 2014 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook