Divided into 11 chapters, the book explains the basics of Ethernet and Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networking communications and the SCADA and field bus protocols. It also discusses industrial networks as they relate to “critical infrastructure and cyber security, potential risks and consequences of a cyber attack against an industrial control system, compliance controls in relation to network security practices, industrial network protocols, such as Modbus and DNP3, assessment of vulnerabilities and risk, how to secure enclaves, regulatory compliance standards applicable to industrial network security, and common pitfalls and mistakes, like complacency and deployment errors.
This book is a valuable resource for plant operators and information security analysts, as well as compliance officers who want to pass an audit with minimal penalties and/or fines.
- Covers implementation guidelines for security measures of critical infrastructure
- Applies the security measures for system-specific compliance
- Discusses common pitfalls and mistakes and how to avoid them
- ISBN: 9781597496469 |
- Hardcover: 360 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Sep 28, 2011 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook