Build, manage, and control an open hybrid cloud infrastructure using Red Hat CloudForms
About This Book
- Understand the infrastructure management capabilities through monitoring and tracking techniques
- Control the hybrid cloud infrastructure using policies and define actions based on events and conditions
- Learn to view and use trends in the hybrid setup to perform capacity planning and optimization
Who This Book Is For
If you are an existing Red Hat administrator who is new to Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure and would like to manage and deploy Hybrid clouds, then this book is for you. Red Hat Linux administration experience is assumed.
What You Will Learn
- Install and configure Red Hat CloudForms 3.1 in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack platform
- Add Amazon EC2 and OpenStack as Cloud providers and adding VMware as an infrastructure provider
- Provision an EC2 instance
- Manage lifecycle of virtual machines and instances
- Create custom domains, namespaces, classes, schemas, instances, and invoke automation workflows
- Monitor and gather intelligence information about the Hybrid Cloud environment
- Get to know about supported APIs that can be used to integrate third-party systems with Red Hat CloudForms
The increasing adoption of the Cloud has led to enterprises having a heterogeneous IT environment that consists of both private and public cloud infrastructures, and in most cases existing virtualized infrastructures as well. As building and managing such a diverse IT infrastructure is a major challenges, Red Hat CloudForms provides a unified, consistent, and comprehensive management platform. With features like cloud intelligence dashboard, self-service portal, lifecycle management, policy-based governance, quotas, capacity management, monitoring and reporting, Red Hat CloudForms lets you manage your hybrid cloud infrastructure from a single pane of glass.
This book will equip you with a hands-on approach on how to build a hybrid cloud environment and then manage, control, and gain operational insights into it.
The book starts by showing you how to install and configure Red Hat CloudForms, and add infrastructure and cloud providers to build the hybrid cloud environment. Next, you will learn to provision virtual machines and instances to these platform providers, and manage and control the lifecycle of these resources. You will also get to know about automating provisioning.
Moving on, you'll get to grips with the management of resources using policies, events, conditions, and actions. You'll also learn to monitor these resources from a single pane of glass. Finally, the book covers viewing capacity and utilization trends to optimize the overall hybrid cloud infrastructure, and also introduces you to supported APIs.
By end of the book, you will be able to deploy and use Red Hat CloudForms.
Style and approach
This book is an easy-to-follow guide that explains all topics in a sequential manner, building upon each other to finally create and manage the Hybrid Cloud environment.
- ISBN: 9781785286438 |
- Hardcover: 174 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Aug 27, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook