Offering a study of biological, biomedical and biocultural approaches, the second edition of Human Growth and Development is a valued resource for researchers, professors and graduate students across the interdisciplinary area of human development. With timely chapters on obesity, diet / lifestyle, and genetics, this edition is the only publication offering a biological, biomedical and biocultural approach. The second edition of Human Growth and Development includes contributions from the well-known experts in the field and is the most reputable, comprehensive resource available.
- New chapters discussing genomics and epigenetics, developmental origins, body proportions and health and the brain and neurological development.
- Presented in the form of lectures to facilitate student programming
- Updated content highlighting the latest research on the relationship between early growth and later (adult) outcomes: the developmental origins of health and disease.
- ISBN: 9780123846518 |
- Hardcover: 600 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Sep 1, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook