Building on the foundation of the previous five editions, Hospital and Healthcare Security, 6th Edition includes new and updated chapters to reflect the current state of healthcare security, particularly in data security and patient privacy, patient-generated violence, and emergency preparedness and management. The recognized leading text in the healthcare security industry, Hospital and Healthcare Security, 6th Edition explains the basics as well as higher expertise concerns, such as the roles of design, emergency management, and policy. Conveying a wide spectrum of topics in an easy to comprehend format, Hospital and Healthcare Security, 6th Edition provides a fresh perspective for healthcare security professionals to better prepare for security issue before they occur.
- Offers a quick-start section for hospital administrators who need an overview of security issues and best practices.
- Includes a sample request for proposals (RFP) for healthcare security services and incident report classifications.
- General principles clearly laid out so readers can apply internationally recognized industry standards most appropriate to their own environment.
- The new edition includes materials that address the latest issues of concern to healthcare security professionals, including security design, emergency management, off-campus programs and services, and best practices in mitigating patient-generated violence.
- ISBN: 9780124200623 |
- Hardcover: 750 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Feb 19, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook