Head First C# is a complete learning experience for learning how to program with C#, XAML, the .NET Framework, and Visual Studio. Fun and highly visual, this introduction to C# is designed to keep you engaged and entertained from first page to last. Updated for Windows 8.1 and Visual Studio 2013, and includes projects for all previous versions of Windows (included in the book, no additional downloading or printing required).
You’ll build a fully functional video game in the opening chapter, and then learn how to use classes and object-oriented programming, draw graphics and animation, and query data with LINQ and serialize it to files. And you'll do it all by creating games, solving puzzles, and doing hands-on projects. By the time you're done, you'll be a solid C# programmer—and you'll have a great time along the way!
- Create a fun arcade game in the first chapter, and build games and other projects throughout the book
- Learn how to use XAML to design attractive and interactive pages and windows
- Build modern Windows Store apps using the latest Microsoft technology
- Learn WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) using the downloadable WPF Learner's Guide
- Using the Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) pattern to create robust architecture
- Build a bonus Windows Phone project and run it in the Visual Studio Windows Phone emulator
Projects in the book work with all editions of Visual Studio, including the free Express editions.
- ISBN: 9781449358877 |
- Hardcover: 1100 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Aug 23, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook