The relatively new technique of solid phase microextraction (SPME) is an important tool to prepare samples both in the lab and on-site. SPME is a "green" technology because it eliminates organic solvents from analytical laboratory and can be used in environmental, food and fragrance, and forensic and drug analysis. This handbook offers a thorough background of the theory and practical implementation of SPME. SPME protocols are presented outlining each stage of the method and providing useful tips and potential pitfalls. In addition, devices and fiber coatings, automated SPME systems, SPME method development, and In Vivo applications are discussed.
This handbook is essential for its discussion of the latest SPME developments as well as its in depth information on the history, theory, and practical application of the method.
- Practical application of Solid Phase Microextraction methods including detailed steps
- Provides history of extraction methods to better understand the process
- Suitable for all levels, from beginning student to experienced practitioner
- ISBN: 9780123914491 |
- Hardcover: 496 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Nov 29, 2011 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook