While the prevalence of plastics and elastomers in medical devices is now quite well known, there is less information available covering the use of medical devices and the applications of polymers beyond medical devices, such as in hydrogels, biopolymers and silicones beyond enhancement applications, and few books in which these are combined into a single reference.
This book is a comprehensive reference source, bringing together a number of key medical polymer topics in one place for a broad audience of engineers and scientists, especially those currently developing new medical devices or seeking more information about current and future applications. In addition to a broad range of applications, the book also covers clinical outcomes and complications arising from the use of the polymers in the body, giving engineers a vital insight into the real world implications of the devices they’re creating. Regulatory issues are also covered in detail. The book also presents the latest developments on the use of polymers in medicine and development of nano-scale devices.
- Gathers discussions of a large number of applications of polymers in medicine in one place
- Provides an insight into both the legal and clinical implications of device design
- Relevant to industry, academic and medical professionals
- Presents the latest developments in the field, including medical devices on a nano-scale
- ISBN: 9780323221696 |
- Hardcover: 368 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Dec 5, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook