The Handbook of Loss Prevention and Crime Prevention, 5e, is a trusted resource for physical security professionals, students, and candidates for the coveted Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certification administered by ASIS International. The U.S. government recently announced that employees will have to obtain CPP certification to advance in their careers.
Edited by the security practitioner and author Lawrence Fennelly, this handbook gathers in a single volume the key information on each topic from eminent subject-matter experts. Taken together, this material offers a range of approaches for defining security problems and tools for designing solutions in a world increasingly characterized by complexity and chaos. The 5e adds cutting-edge content and up-to-the-minute practical examples of its application to problems from retail crime to disaster readiness.
- Covers every important topic in the field, including the latest on wireless security applications, data analysis and visualization, situational crime prevention, and global security standards and compliance issues
- Required reading for the certification DHS selected for its infrastructure security professionals
- Each chapter is contributed by a top security professional with subject-matter expertise
- ISBN: 9780123852496 |
- Hardcover: 632 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Mar 15, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook