This pocket guide is the perfect on-the-job companion to Git, the distributed version control system. It provides a compact, readable introduction to Git for new users, as well as a reference to common commands and procedures for those of you with Git experience.
Written for Git version 1.8.2, this handy task-oriented guide is organized around the basic version control functions you need, such as making commits, fixing mistakes, merging, and searching history.
- Examine the state of your project at earlier points in time
- Learn the basics of creating and making changes to a repository
- Create branches so many people can work on a project simultaneously
- Merge branches and reconcile the changes among them
- Clone an existing repository and share changes with push/pull commands
- Examine and change your repository’s commit history
- Access remote repositories, using different network protocols
- Get recipes for accomplishing a variety of common tasks
- ISBN: 9781449327521 |
- Hardcover: 234 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Jun 25, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook