The book is split into two parts. Part one focuses on functional textiles for improved performance and protection, with chapters reviewing antistatic, flame retardant and infrared functional textiles, among many others. Chapters in part two examine the uses of functional textiles in a medical context, including superhydrophobic materials, antibacterial textiles and insect-repellent materials.
With its distinguished editors and contributions from some of the world’s leading authorities, Functional textiles for improved performance, protection and health is invaluable for textile scientists, technologists and engineers as well as those designing and manufacturing textiles. It is also a suitable reference for the academic sector.
- Examines the use of functional textiles in a medical context, including superhydrophobic materials, antibacterial textiles and insect-repellent materials
- Topics range from textile chemicals and their interaction with skin to novel pesticide protective clothing
- Considers anti-ultraviolet protection of clothing and flame retardant textiles
- ISBN: 9780857092878 |
- Hardcover: 552 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Jun 21, 2011 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook