From the Files of a Security Expert Witness guides the reader through the experience of testifying in court on security issues in civil litigation. Written by one of the security profession's best-known expert witnesses, the book explores 36 cases that reflect the high drama of true crime, including kidnapping, rape, and murder. Many of these cases led to premises liability lawsuits based on claims of negligence, inadequate security, false arrest and imprisonment, excessive use of force, and others. Effective security specialists, whether or not they are considering becoming expert witnesses, should be familiar with the facts of these cases, their theories of liability and theories of defense.
Encompassing aspects of criminal and tort law, all within the context of forensic security consulting, this book offers valuable insights from an experienced security professional.
- Understand the role of a security expert witness through his involvement in actual civil lawsuits driven by criminal acts
- Explore the expert witness’s role in liability litigation, from forming opinions to being able to intelligently present beliefs to the legal community as well as to juries
- Learn practical, in-depth guidelines for becoming an expert witness through the firsthand experiences of a court-recognized authority
- ISBN: 9780124116269 |
- Hardcover: 198 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Aug 9, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook