Fluorescence Microscopy: Super-Resolution and other Novel Techniques delivers a comprehensive review of current advances in fluorescence microscopy methods as applied to biological and biomedical science. With contributions selected for clarity, utility, and reproducibility, the work provides practical tools for investigating these ground-breaking developments. Emphasizing super-resolution techniques, light sheet microscopy, sample preparation, new labels, and analysis techniques, this work keeps pace with the innovative technical advances that are increasingly vital to biological and biomedical researchers.
With its extensive graphics, inter-method comparisons, and tricks and approaches not revealed in primary publications, Fluorescence Microscopy encourages readers to both understand these methods, and to adapt them to other systems. It also offers instruction on the best visualization to derive quantitative information about cell biological structure and function, delivering crucial guidance on best practices in related laboratory research.
- Presents a timely and comprehensive review of novel techniques in fluorescence imaging as applied to biological and biomedical research
- Offers insight into common challenges in implementing techniques, as well as effective solutions
- Provides video accompaniment for certain techniques on a companion website for a multi-dimensional perspective: http://booksite.elsevier.com/9780124095137
- ISBN: 9780124167131 |
- Hardcover: 260 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Feb 24, 2014 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook