The second of two volumes concentrating on the dynamics of slender bodies within or containing axial flow, Volume 2 covers fluid-structure interactions relating to shells, cylinders and plates containing or immersed in axial flow, as well as slender structures subjected to annular and leakage flows.
This volume has been thoroughly updated to reference the latest developments in the field, with a continued emphasis on the understanding of dynamical behaviour and analytical methods needed to provide long-term solutions and validate the latest computational methods and codes, with increased coverage of computational techniques and numerical methods, particularly for the solution of non-linear three-dimensional problems.
- Provides an in-depth review of an extensive range of fluid-structure interaction topics, with detailed real-world examples and thorough referencing throughout for additional detail
- Organized by structure and problem type, allowing you to dip into the sections that are relevant to the particular problem you are facing, with numerous appendices containing the equations relevant to specific problems
- Supports development of long-term solutions by focusing on the fundamentals and mechanisms needed to understand underlying causes and operating conditions under which apparent solutions might not prove effective
- ISBN: 9780123973344 |
- Hardcover: 942 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Feb 5, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook