From the perspective of a parent with college-age children, I thank Abby Nye for confronting us so boldly with the reality of what Christian students face in the secular world of academia. "Children need to be prepared for this experience - or they need to avoid it" -Joseph Farah, editor and C.E.O., WorldNewDaily.com
So you're ready for the next chapter in your life?. Well, if you are a Christian heading to campus for the first time, there are several things you need to know about living your faith while surrounded by atheistic professors. Abby Nye has written a fantastic guide for college students who find their faith and values under assault from day one. Learn just what to expect, and how to navigate through classes while maintaining a good GPA and a positive college experience.
Abby prepares new freshman (and even seasoned students!) to be able to survive and thrive in this often hostile setting. Among the topics she covers:
- Freshman orientation week
- The treatment of science and faith in the classroom
- Difficult professors and real life solutions
- The many forms of liberal ?indoctrination?
- Helpful campus groups and managing peer pressure
This book is truly a must reading for students embarking for any college?a valuable handbook for parents, teachers, and students alike.
- ISBN: 9781614580478 |
- Hardcover: 235 pages |
- Publisher: New Leaf Publishing Group, Inc. |
- Publication date: Jun 1, 2005 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook