Now in its 3e, Film Properties of Plastics and Elastomers, has been extensively revised. This is the only data handbook available on the engineering properties of commercial polymeric films. It details many physical, mechanical, optical, electrical, and permeation properties within the context of specific test parameters, providing a ready reference for comparing materials in the same family as well as materials in different families. Data is presented on the characteristics of 47 major plastic and elastomer packaging materials. New to this edition, the resin chapters each contain textual summary information including category, general description, processing methods, applications, and other facts as appropriate, such as reliability, weatherability, and regulatory approval considerations for use in food and medical packaging. Extensive references are provided.
- Essential data and practical guidance for engineers and scientists working with polymer films
- 3e expanded by nearly 50% to include new data sections and additional explanatory chapters to help readers utilize the data and work successfully with plastic films
- Written for engineers working across the key market sectors for polymer film applications: semiconductor, chemicals, food, beverage and pharmaceutical packaging, energy, medical devices, etc.
- ISBN: 9781455728015 |
- Hardcover: 408 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Apr 25, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook