The FileMaker Pro 10 desktop database lets you do almost anything with the information you give it -- especially with this book as your guide. Clear, thorough, and accessible, FileMaker Pro 10: The Missing Manual helps you get in, build your database, and get the results you need, whether you're running a business, pursuing a hobby, or planning your retirement. It's the ideal guide for non-technical and experienced folks alike.
Each chapter in this fully updated edition covers the latest timesaving features of FileMaker Pro 10, including saved finds and a redesigned toolbar that reveals information and features more clearly than ever. You'll learn how to import information from the new Bento consumer database (Mac only), write scripts to make your database even easier to use, and send email without leaving FileMaker.
With this book, you will:
- Get your first database running in minutes and perform basic tasks right away
- Catalog people, processes, and things with streamlined data entry and sorting tools
- Use your data to generate reports, correspondence, and other documents with ease
- Create, connect, and manage multiple tables and set up complex relationships that display just the data you need
- Crunch numbers, search text, or pin down dates and times with dozens of built-in formulas
- Outfit your database for the Web, and import and export data to other formats
You'll also get objective advice on which features are really useful, and which aren't. To make the most of this database, you need FileMaker Pro 10: The Missing Manual -- the book that should have been in the box.
- ISBN: 9780596554415 |
- Hardcover: 834 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Jan 23, 2009 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook