With page after page of stimulating possibilities, this book guides you on an uncompromising journey to visually dynamic, conceptually provocative, utterly original art.
Embrace the spirit of creative play, break out of your comfort zone, and take your art to a whole new level. In her follow-up to the popular Art Revolution, Lisa L. Cyr delves deeper into an inspiring range of two and three-dimensional mixed-media techniques. Discover fresh, alternative ways to apply and manipulate painting media, transform surfaces, and create distinctive, message-driven work.
Inside you’ll find:
- A wide array of unconventional tools, materials and processes that help artists blaze their own unique and creative paths
- 12 step-by-step demonstrations highlighting specific experimental techniques, including freeform painting, making custom tools, and building dimension into a surface with inlaid boxes
- 3 feature demonstrations showing mixed-media processes at play in the creation of original artworks, from concept to completion
- A chapter on creative self-promotion revealing the latest marketing and presentation strategies for the working artist
- ISBN: 9781440320590 |
- Hardcover: 128 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Aug 16, 2011 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook