Improve and optimize efficiency of HVAC and related energy systems from an exergy perspective. From fundamentals to advanced applications, Exergy Analysis of Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration provides readers with a clear and concise description of exergy analysis and its many uses.
Focusing on the application of exergy methods to the primary technologies for heating, refrigerating, and air conditioning, Ibrahim Dincer and Marc A. Rosen demonstrate exactly how exergy can help improve and optimize efficiency, environmental performance, and cost-effectiveness. The book also discusses the analysis tools available, and includes many comprehensive case studies on current and emerging systems and technologies for real-world examples.
From introducing exergy and thermodynamic fundamentals to presenting the use of exergy methods for heating, refrigeration, and air conditioning systems, this book equips any researcher or practicing engineer with the tools needed to learn and master the application of exergy analysis to these systems.
- Explains the fundamentals of energy/exergy for practitioners/researchers in HVAC&R fields for improving efficiency
- Covers environmental assessments and economic evaluations for a well-rounded approach to the subject
- Includes comprehensive case studies on both current and emerging systems/technologies
- Provides examples from a range of applications – from basic HVAC&R to more diverse processes such as industrial heating/cooling, cogeneration and trigeneration, and thermal storage
- ISBN: 9780124172111 |
- Hardcover: 400 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Aug 8, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook