Essentials of Oil and Gas Utilities explains these support systems and provides essential information on their essential requirements and process design. This guide includes water treatment plants, condensate recovery plants, high pressure steam boilers, induced draft cooling towers, instrumentation/plant air compressors, and units for a refinery fuel gas and oil systems. In addition, the book offers recommendations for equipment and flow line protection against temperature fluctuations and the proper preparation and storage of strong and dilute caustic solutions.
Essentials of Oil and Gas Utilities is a go-to resource for engineers and refinery personnel who must consider utility system design parameters and associated processes for the successful operations of their plants.
- Discusses gaseous and liquid fuel systems used to provide heat for power generation, steam production and process requirements
- Provides a design guide for compressed air systems used to provide air to the various points of application in sufficient quantity and quality and with adequate pressure for efficient operation of air tools or other pneumatic devices.
- Explains the water systems utilized in plant operations which include water treatment systems or raw water and plant water system; cooling water circuits for internal combustion engines, reciprocating compressors, inter- cooling and after-cooling facilities; and "Hot Oil" and "Tempered Water" systems
- ISBN: 9780128030899 |
- Hardcover: 594 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Feb 3, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook