This book is listed in:
- Medical ( 2,129 )
Equitable Solutions for Retaining a Robust STEM Workforce offers strategies and proven recommendations to accommodate work/life satisfaction for those in the STEM fields. Using real-life case studies, this book discusses universal issues such as dual careers and strategic decision making, childcare/dependent care in professional contexts, promoting family-friendly policies, as well as mentoring and networking.
Equitable Solutions for Retaining a Robust STEM Workforce provides data and tools to drive successful programs relaying proactive solutions that STEM employers, academic institutions, policy-makers, and individuals can utilize.
- Distills and leverages best practices and internationally transportable policies to support and accommodate STEM work/life satisfaction
- Serves as an action plan to help STEM employers, policy makers and academic institutions identify and create systemic change
- Includes case studies and practical tools sections to highlight effective integration strategies
- Addresses a variety of work/life challenges, including supporting travel for dual-career couples, making strategic choices around work/life issues, and overcoming implicit bias
- ISBN: 9780128005057 |
- Hardcover: 224 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Dec 17, 2013 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook