Current hype aside, the Internet of Things will ultimately become as fundamental as the Internet itself, with lots of opportunities and trials along the way. To help you navigate these choppy waters, this practical guide introduces a dedicated methodology for businesses preparing to transition towards IoT-based business models.
With a set of best practices based on case study analysis, expert interviews, and the authors’ own experience, the Ignite | IoT Methodology outlined in this book delivers actionable guidelines to assist you with IoT strategy management and project execution. You’ll also find a detailed case study of a project fully developed with this methodology.
This book consists of three parts:
- Illustrative case studies of selected IoT domains, including smart energy, connected vehicles, manufacturing and supply chain management, and smart cities
- The Ignite | IoT Methodology for defining IoT strategy, preparing your organization for IoT adoption, and planning and executing IoT projects
- A detailed case study of the IIC Track & Trace testbed, one of the first projects to be fully developed according to the Ignite | IoT Methodology
- ISBN: 9781491925317 |
- Hardcover: 492 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Oct 29, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook