Edible Mushrooms provides an advanced overview of the chemical composition and nutritional properties of nearly all species of culinary mushrooms. This unique compendium gathers all current literature, which has beendispersed as fragmentary information until now.
The book is broken into five parts covering chemical and nutrient composition, taste and flavor components as well as health stimulating and potentially detrimental effects. Appendices provide helpful quick references on abbreviations, common names of mushrooms, fatty acid profiles, and an index of mushroom species. Mycologists, nutrition researchers, mushroom cultivators and distributors, and food and neutraceutical processors will benefit from this sweeping overview of edible mushrooms.
- Thoroughly explores the chemical composition and nutritional value of both cultivated and wild growing mushroom species.
- Gathers all the information available on mushroom compounds in order providing an easy comparison of nutritional properties and bioactive compounds.
- Includes hundreds of current references allowing you to further your exploration of the topic by reviewing the detailed data in the primary literature.
- ISBN: 9780128045022 |
- Hardcover: 236 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Jan 30, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook