Over 90 hands-on recipes to design Internet scalable web and mobile applications with Amazon DynamoDB
About This Book
- Construct top-notch mobile and web applications with the Internet scalable NoSQL database and host it on cloud
- Integrate your applications with other AWS services like AWS EMR, AWS S3, AWS Redshift, and AWS CloudSearch etc. in order to achieve a one-stop application stack
- Step-by-step implementation guide that provides real-world use with hands-on recipes
Who This Book Is For
This book is intended for those who have a basic understanding of AWS services and want to take their knowledge to the next level by getting their hands dirty with coding recipes in DynamoDB.
What You Will Learn
- Design DynamoDB tables to achieve high read and write throughput
- Discover best practices like caching, exponential back-offs and auto-retries, storing large items in AWS S3, storing compressed data etc.
- Effectively use DynamoDB Local in order to make your development smooth and cost effective
- Implement cost effective best practices to reduce the burden of DynamoDB charges
- Create and maintain secondary indexes to support improved data access
- Integrate various other AWS services like AWS EMR, AWS CloudSearch, AWS Pipeline etc. with DynamoDB
AWS DynamoDB is an excellent example of a production-ready NoSQL database. In recent years, DynamoDB has been able to attract many customers because of its features like high-availability, reliability and infinite scalability. DynamoDB can be easily integrated with massive data crunching tools like Hadoop /EMR, which is an essential part of this data-driven world and hence it is widely accepted. The cost and time-efficient design makes DynamoDB stand out amongst its peers. The design of DynamoDB is so neat and clean that it has inspired many NoSQL databases to simply follow it.
This book will get your hands on some engineering best practices DynamoDB engineers use, which can be used in your day-to-day life to build robust and scalable applications. You will start by operating with DynamoDB tables and learn to manipulate items and manage indexes. You will also discover how to easily integrate applications with other AWS services like EMR, S3, CloudSearch, RedShift etc. A couple of chapters talk in detail about how to use DynamoDB as a backend database and hosting it on AWS ElasticBean. This book will also focus on security measures of DynamoDB as well by providing techniques on data encryption, masking etc.
By the end of the book you'll be adroit in designing web and mobile applications using DynamoDB and host it on cloud.
Style and approach
An easy-to-follow guide, full of real-world examples, which takes you through the world of DynamoDB following a step-by-step, problem-solution based approach.
- ISBN: 9781784391096 |
- Hardcover: 266 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Sep 25, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook