Disaster Recovery Using VMware vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager - Second Edition
Learn to bake in disaster recovery readiness for your vSphere Infrastructure using vCenter SRM 6.1, leveraging array-based replication and vSphere Replication 6.1
About This Book
- This is the first book on the market that provides an extensive disaster recovery solution using the latest vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager
- Master the skills of protecting your virtual machines by replicating and recovering them in seconds
- This practical, step-by-step guide will help you protect all your applications with Site Recovery Manager and Replication
Who This Book Is For
If you are a system administrator who is looking for a disaster recovery solution using the latest VMware vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager, this book is perfect for you. You should have a basic knowledge of virtual machines and data center operations.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarize yourself with disaster recovery concepts and the architecture of vCenter Site Recovery Manager and vSphere Replication.
- Deploy and Configure vCenter Site Recovery Manager to leverage array-based replication and vSphere Replication.
- Use vSphere Replication as a standalone disaster recovery solution.
- Enabling protection of Virtual Machines by creating Protection Groups.
- Enable orchestration of the recovery of protected virtual machines by creating Recovery Plans.
- Migrate virtual machine workload from one site to another using Recovery Plans
- Testing and Performing a failover or failback of Virtual Machines using Recovery Plans
- Enable vRealize Orchestrator Plugins for SRM and vSphere Replication.
VMware vCenter Site Recovery manage is an orchestration tool used to automate disaster recovery in a manner that no other solution does. It is programmed to leverage array-based replication and VMware's proprietary vSphere Replication engine.
The book begins by talking about the architecture of SRM and guides you through the procedures involved in installing and configuring SRM to leverage array-based replication.
You will then learn how to protect your virtual machines by creating Protection Groups and validate their recoverability by testing recovery plans and even performing failover and failback.
Moving on, you will learn how to install and configure vSphere Replication as a standalone disaster recovery solution. It also guides you through the procedures involved in configuring SRM to leverage vSphere replication.
Finally, you will learn how to deploy and configure vRealize Orchestrator and its plugin for SRM and vSphere Replication.
Style and approach
This is a practical, step-by-step guide on implementing a disaster recovery solution for your organization using VMware vSphere Replication and vCenter Site Recovery Manager.
- ISBN: 9781785281921 |
- Hardcover: 208 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Oct 28, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook