Developments in Turbomachinery Flow: Forward Curved Centrifugal Fans explores the forward curved squirrel cage fan as an excellent instrument for fluid mechanics research in turbomachines.
The book explores phenomena such as jet/wake interaction, circulation, separation and noise in turbomachines, also addressing the characteristics that are specific to this fan and applications in other centrifugal turbomachines.
Chapters begin with a general introduction that includes research techniques and a survey of older research, and then proceed into a detailed description of improvements for different parts of the fan, including the inlet, the rotor and the volute. Final sections include a comprehensive discussion on geometrical modifications that could improve performance without impacting cost.
- Explores how forward curved centrifugal fans have wide industrial application
- Discusses the strong trade-off between fan aerodynamics and construction cost
- Provides a wide selection of optimums for geometrical configuration
- Introduces new geometries that can improve performance and reduce noise for the same construction cost
- Presents fluid phenomena as a potential research field for this fan
- ISBN: 9781782421931 |
- Hardcover: 154 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Jul 2, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook