This book is listed in:
- Medical ( 2,129 )
Designing Science Presentations guides researchers and graduate students of virtually any discipline in the creation of compelling science communication. Most scientists never receive formal training in the creation, delivery, and evaluation of such material, yet it is essential for publishing in high-quality journals, soliciting funding, attracting lab personnel, and advancing a career.
This clear, readable volume fills that gap and provides visually intensive guidance at every step—from the construction of original figures to the presentation and delivery of those figures in papers, slideshows, posters, and websites. It provides pragmatic advice on the preparation and delivery of exceptional scientific presentations; demonstrates hundreds of visually striking presentation techniques, giving readers inspiration for creating their own; and is structured so that readers can easily find answers to particular questions.
- Clear heading for each section indicates its message, highlighted with graphic illustrations
- Two summary paragraphs that complement the visual images and clearly discuss the main point
- Numerous examples of high-quality figures, page layouts, slides, posters, and web pages to help stimulate readers' ideas for their own presentations
- Numerous "before and after" examples to illustrate the contrast between poor and outstanding presentations
- ISBN: 9780123859709 |
- Hardcover: 384 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Dec 31, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook