You are a writer. You dream of sharing your words with the world, and you're willing to put in the hard work to achieve success. You may have even considered earning your MFA, but for whatever reason--tuition costs, the time commitment, or other responsibilities--you've never been able to do it. Or maybe you've been looking for a self-guided approach so you don't have to go back to school.
This book is for you.
DIY MFA is the do-it-yourself alternative to a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing. By combining the three main components of a traditional MFA--writing, reading, and community--it teaches you how to craft compelling stories, engage your readers, and publish your work.
Inside you'll learn how to:
- Set customized goals for writing and learning.
- Generate ideas on demand.
- Outline your book from beginning to end.
- Breathe life into your characters.
- Master point of view, voice, dialogue, and more.
- Read with a "writer's eye" to emulate the techniques of others.
- Network like a pro, get the most out of writing workshops, and submit your work successfully.
- ISBN: 9781599639369 |
- Hardcover: 294 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Jul 8, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook