Culturally Adapting Psychotherapy for Asian Heritage Populations: An Evidence-Based Approach provides insights on how research on psychotherapy, an area that is most often done on non-ethnic minority populations, can be related to minority clients.
The book's author, Dr. Hwang, developed the first evidence based culturally adapted treatment for Asian populations which is comprehensively discussed in this book, including treatments for depression that are complemented with concrete examples throughout the book. In addition, the book further discusses how culturally adaptive techniques can be applied for treatment of other disorders in other ethnic populations.
- Summarizes psychotherapy research indicating underrepresentation of ethnic minorities
- Describes the first evidence based culturally adapted treatment for Asians
- Provides concrete examples of adapted psychotherapy in practice
- Clarifies how this treatment can be further adapted to other ethnic minorities
- Highlights how this depression specific treatment can be applied to other disorders
- ISBN: 9780124173156 |
- Hardcover: 360 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Mar 31, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook