You'll fall in love with the spirited Fitzgerald family as they find romance in turbulent Civil War-era America. Raised to defy societal convention and follow their passions, these siblings' rebellious hearts meet their matches. Settle in to enjoy these 10 tales of independent, passionate, and strong American heroines!
- The Reluctant Debutante: Ginger Fitzpatrick would rather be rallying for women's rights than attending the Cotillion Ball - until she sets her eye on Joseph Lafontaine, a half Ojibwa Indian, whom New York society deems totally unsuitable for marriage to a fine, cultured young lady. But love knows no such boundaries . . .
- The Abolitionist's Secret: Heather Fitzpatrick falls for young army lieutenant David Whitman, who is tracking the runaway slave she rescued a few nights earlier. Can their attraction survive the coming divide between North and South?
- Banking on Temperance: At age 23, Basil Fitzpatrick is the owner of the St. Louis branch of the family banking business and has his pick of the ladies - but it's impoverished spitfire Temperance Jones, daughter of a circuit-riding preacher, who catches his eye. She's determined to get to Oregon - does he have the courage to follow?
- The Tempestuous Debutante: The smart choice says Jasmine Fitzpatrick should choose to charm the Viscount of Foxborough at this season's Cotillion, but the noble's stable boy, Parr O'Shaughnessy, may hold the key to her heart.
- Blinded by Grace: Grace Wagner has been in love with Halwyn Fitzpatrick since they were teens, but now she needs a husband in order to inherit the trust her father has left for her. Will Halwyn's new glasses help him see her in a new light, or will she take control and propose to him herself?
- The Duplicitous Debutante: Writing the popular Harry Hawk dime novels as F.P. Elliott, Rosemary Fitzpatrick is busy hiding her female identity from her new publisher, Henry Cooper. But Henry is not the typical Boston Brahmin nor the typical publisher. When her deception begins to unravel at the Cotillion Ball, will Henry be able to forgive her, or has deceit cost her the man she loves?
- Expressly Yours, Samantha: To escape her wicked uncle, Samantha Hughes cuts her hair to pose as a man and become Sam Hughes, a Pony Express rider. Valerian Fitzpatrick joins the hard-riding circuit in an attempt to escape life in the family business. As he and Sam grow close, Valerian's more than willing to protect her secret, but when Sam's forced to run yet again, does a future with her mean giving up the freedom he's always craved?
- A Widow's Salvation: Volunteering at the army hospital, widow Pepper Fitzpatrick Brown meets Colonel Elijah Williams, the head surgeon who can't shake his experiences in the bloody war. It's hard to find happiness in a war-torn United States, but these two wounded souls stand a fighting chance - if they can save what's left of their hearts.
- The Forgotten Debutante: Saffron Fitzpatrick spent her teenage years mourning the dead rather than dancing at her debutante ball, with the exception of one forbidden kiss with solider Ezekiel Boone. Fate reunites the couple three years later, and they discover unexpected common ground and begin to build a relationship. But though the war is over, a future together may still elude them . . . especially if Saffron's brother and the U.S. Army have anything to say about it.
- An Unconventional Courtship: Discover where it all began with this bonus novella featuring the Fitzpatrick parents! Charlotte Ashcroft knows her family would never approve of her attending a women's rights speech in New York City alone. So when a busybody from back home confronts Charlotte, she grabs the man in a jaunty blue hat nearby and introduces him as her escort. What's an up-and-coming young banker like George Fitzpatrick to do but help a lady out?
- ISBN: 9781507202487 |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Dec 5, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook