Portraits not only capture a likeness, but offer for generations to come a glimpse into the subject's life. Sounds like quite a challenge. But with Ann Kullberg's help, it's not as difficult as you might think to create lifelike colored pencil portraits.
Using her own beautiful portraiture for instruction and inspiration, Kullberg walks you through the process step by step--from basic information about materials and techniques to two demonstrations that show how complete portraits come together from beginning to end.
You'll learn how to:
- choose the right tools and master basic techniques
- compose a portrait--examples show right and wrong ways to do it
- use light to create mood in your portraits
create a range of rich, believable skin tones
- paint the face--step-by-steps of eyes, mouth, nose and ears make it easy
- paint realistic-looking clothing--step-by-step demos show you how to paint denim, velvet and other fabrics
You'll also find Kullberg's secrets for making your portrait come alive, along with 17 mini-demos that make it easy to paint realistic features, hair and clothing. Inside is everything you need to get started, as well as advice and important information on painting portraits professionally!