Develop real-world applications in Windows
About This Book
- Create diverse applications featuring the versatility of Small Windows C++ library
- Learn about object-oriented programming in Windows and how to develop a large object-oriented class library in C++
- Understand how to tackle application-specific problems along with acquiring a deep understanding of the workings of Windows architecture
Who This Book Is For
This book is for application developers who want a head-first approach into Windows programming. It will teach you how to develop an object-oriented class library in C++ and enhanced applications in Windows. Basic knowledge of C++ and the object-oriented framework is assumed to get the most out of this book.
What You Will Learn
- Develop advanced real-world applications in Windows
- Design and implement a graphical object-oriented class library in C++
- Get to grips with the workings of the integral aspects of the Win32 API, such as mouse input, drawing, cut-and-paste, file handling, and drop files
- Identify general problems when developing graphical applications as well as specific problems regarding drawing, spreadsheet, and word processing applications
- Implement classes, functions, and macros of the object-oriented class library developed in the book and how we implement its functionality by calling functions and macros in the Win32 API
It is critical that modern developers have the right tools to build practical, user-friendly, and efficient applications in order to compete in today's market. Through hands-on guidance, this book illustrates and demonstrates C++ best practices and the Small Windows object-oriented class library to ease your development of interactive Windows applications.
Begin with a focus on high level application development using Small Windows. Learn how to build four real-world applications which focus on the general problems faced when developing graphical applications. Get essential troubleshooting guidance on drawing, spreadsheet, and word processing applications. Finally finish up with a deep dive into the workings of the Small Windows class library, which will give you all the insights you need to build your own object-oriented class library in C++.
Style and approach
This book takes a tutorial-style approach that will demonstrate the features of a C++ object-oriented library by developing interactive Windows applications.
- ISBN: 9781786468246 |
- Hardcover: 588 pages |
- Publisher: Packt Publishing |
- Publication date: Sep 12, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook