Biopolymer Composites in Electronics examines the current state-of-the-art in the electronic application based on biopolymer composites. Covering the synthesis, dispersion of fillers, characterization and fabrication of the composite materials, the book will help materials scientists and engineers address the challenges posed by the increased use of biopolymeric materials in electronic applications.
The influence of preparation techniques on the generation of micro, meso, and nanoscale fillers, and the effect of filler size and dispersion on various biopolymers are discussed in detail. Applications covered include sensors, actuators, optics, fuel cells, photovoltaics, dielectrics, electromagnetic shielding, piezoelectrics, flexible displays, and microwave absorbers.
In addition, characterization techniques are discussed and compared, enabling scientists and engineers to make the correct choice of technique. This book is a ‘one-stop’ reference for researchers, covering the entire state-of-the-art in biopolymer electronics. Written by a collection of expert worldwide contributors from industry, academia, government, and private research institutions, it is an outstanding reference for researchers in the field of biopolymer composites for advanced technologies.
- Enables researchers to keep up with the rapid development of biopolymer electronics, which offer light, flexible, and more cost-effective alternatives to conventional materials of solar cells, light-emitting diodes, and transistors
- Includes thorough coverage of the physics and chemistry behind biopolymer composites, helping readers to become rapidly acquainted with the fiel
- Provides in-depth information on the range of biopolymer applications in electronics, from printed flexible conductors and novel semiconductor components, to intelligent labels, large area displays, and solar panels
- ISBN: 9780081009741 |
- Hardcover: 544 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Sep 10, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook