Biological and Environmental Hazards, Risks, and Disasters provides an integrated look at major impacts to the Earth’s biosphere. Many of these are caused by diseases, algal blooms, insects, animals, species extinction, deforestation, land degradation, and comet and asteroid strikes that have important implications for humans.
This volume, from Elsevier’s Hazards and Disasters Series, provides an in-depth view of threats, ranging from microscopic organisms to celestial objects. Perspectives from both natural and social sciences provide an in-depth understanding of potential impacts.
- Contributions from expert ecologists, environmental, biological, and agricultural scientists, and public health specialists selected by a world-renowned editorial board
- Presents the latest research on damages, causality, economic impacts, fatality rates, and preparedness and mitigation
- Contains tables, maps, diagrams, illustrations, and photographs of hazardous processes
- ISBN: 9780123964717 |
- Hardcover: 492 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Nov 17, 2015 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook