The Atlas of Chick Development, Third Edition, a classic work covering all major event of chick development, is extensively updated with new and more detailed photographs, enlargements showing regions of special-interest and complexity, and new illustrations. The revised text and expanded illustrative material describe the intricate changes that take place during development, together with accounts of recent experimental and molecular research that has transformed our understanding of morphogenesis.
These wide-ranging updates make this book an essential resource for developmental biologists, geneticists, molecular biologists, poultry scientists, biochemists, immunologists, and other life scientists who use the chick embryo as their research model. Individuals joining this burgeoning area, ignited by the increased insight into events surrounding organ and tissue differentiation, will find this a valuable tool to help grow a basic knowledge of morphogenesis.
- Remains the established standard—the only book providing a comprehensive description of chick development from fertilization to hatching
- Contains more than 750 photographs and illustrations, including 410 labelled histological sections and 85 new high-quality plates, showing the major anatomical events from the earliest stages to 13 days of incubation
- Includes more than 200 labelled and detailed scanning electron micrographs, showing various tissues in great detail
- Leads the reader to important reviews on aspects of this rapidly moving field, along with extensive and updated references
- ISBN: 9780123849526 |
- Hardcover: 692 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: May 19, 2014 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook