Vast opportunities and great joy await you as you learn sketching "on the spot"--be it in your own backyard, amid the bustle of a busy market, on a hike or wherever you happen to find yourself.
Cathy Johnson leads you on this thrilling expedition as you explore ways to turn everyday sights and experiences into a cache of visual memories. She and other artists have opened their sketchbooks to share their favorite subjects, ranging from nature's paraphernalia to aging buildings, crashing waves and beloved pets. You will travel the world through sketches and stories, through deserts and deep woods, cities and small towns. Along the way, you'll pick up helpful tips and clever, on-location improvisations for making your sketching sessions pleasurable, safe and productive.
- Chapters focus on sketching subjects close to home, on travels, in nature, in urban settings and from everyday life.
- 10+ artists share favorite sketches, tips and techniques.
- 15+ demos reveal on-the-spot sketches as they come together.
- Includes expert advice on getting the best results from a range of mediums, including graphite, ink, colored pencil, watercolor and gouache.
- ISBN: 9781440338847 |
- Hardcover: 128 pages |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Jul 13, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook