HBase is a remarkable tool for indexing mass volumes of data, but getting started with this distributed database and its ecosystem can be daunting. With this hands-on guide, you’ll learn how to architect, design, and deploy your own HBase applications by examining real-world solutions. Along with HBase principles and cluster deployment guidelines, this book includes in-depth case studies that demonstrate how large companies solved specific use cases with HBase.
Authors Jean-Marc Spaggiari and Kevin O’Dell also provide draft solutions and code examples to help you implement your own versions of those use cases, from master data management (MDM) and document storage to near real-time event processing. You’ll also learn troubleshooting techniques to help you avoid common deployment mistakes.
- Learn exactly what HBase does, what its ecosystem includes, and how to set up your environment
- Explore how real-world HBase instances were deployed and put into production
- Examine documented use cases for tracking healthcare claims, digital advertising, data management, and product quality
- Understand how HBase works with tools and techniques such as Spark, Kafka, MapReduce, and the Java API
- Learn how to identify the causes and understand the consequences of the most common HBase issues
- ISBN: 9781491916100 |
- Hardcover: 252 pages |
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media |
- Publication date: Jul 18, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook