After an introductory overview of current developments in wrought magnesium alloys, part one reviews fundamental aspects of deformation behaviour. These chapters are the building blocks for the optimisation of processing steps covered in part two, which discusses casting, extrusion, rolling and forging technologies. The concluding chapters cover applications of wrought magnesium alloys in automotive and biomedical engineering.
With its distinguished editors, and drawing on the work of leading experts in the field, Advances in wrought magnesium alloys is a standard reference for those researching, manufacturing and using these alloys.
- Summarises recent research on our understanding of process-property relationships in wrought magnesium alloys
- Discusses the way this understanding can be used to develop a new generation of alloys for high-performance applications
- Reviews casting, extrusion, rolling and forging technologies, fundamental aspects of deformation behaviour, and applications of wrought magnesium alloys in automotive and biomedical engineering
- ISBN: 9780857093844 |
- Hardcover: 480 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Apr 25, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook