Advances in Solar Heating and Cooling presents new information on the growing concerns about climate change, the security of energy supplies, and the ongoing interest in replacing fossil fuels with renewable energy sources.
The amount of energy used for heating and cooling is very significant, estimated, for example, as half of final energy consumption in Europe. Solar thermal installations have the potential to meet a large proportion of the heating and cooling needs of both buildings and industry and the number of solar thermal installations is increasing rapidly. This book provides an authoritative review of the latest research in solar heating and cooling technologies and applications.
- Provides researchers in academia and industry with an authoritative overview of heating and cooling for buildings and industry in one convenient volume
- Part III, ‘Solar cooling technologies’ is contributed by authors from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, which is a world-leader in this area
- Covers advanced applications from zero-energy buildings, through industrial process heat to district heating and cooling
- ISBN: 9780081003022 |
- Hardcover: 596 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: May 25, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook