This book is listed in:
- Medical ( 2,129 )
Part one provides an introduction to chronic wounds, with chapters covering dysfunctional wound healing, scarring and scarless wound healing and monitoring of wounds. Part two covers biomaterial therapies for chronic wounds, including chapters on functional requirements of wound repair biomaterials, polymeric materials for wound dressings and interfacial phenomena in wound healing. In part three, molecular therapies for chronic wounds are discussed, with chapters on topics such as drug delivery, molecular and gene therapies and antimicrobial dressings. Part four focuses on biologically-derived and cell-based therapies for chronic wounds, including engineered tissues, biologically-derived scaffolds and stem cell therapies for wound repair. Finally, part five covers physical stimulation therapies for chronic wounds, including electrical stimulation, negative pressure therapy and mechanical debriding devices.
With its distinguished editor and international team of contributors, Advanced wound repair therapies is an essential reference for researchers and materials scientists in the wound repair industry, as well as clinicians and those with an academic research interest in the subject.
- Provides readers with up-to-date information on current and emerging biomaterials and advanced therapies concerned with healing surgical and chronic wounds
- Chapters include the role of micro-organisms and biofilms in dysfunctional wound healing, tissue-biomaterial interaction and electrical stimulation for wound healing
- Covers biologically-derived and cell-based therapies for chronic wounds, including engineered tissues, biologically-derived scaffolds and stem cell therapies for wound repair
- ISBN: 9780857093301 |
- Hardcover: 672 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Jun 21, 2011 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook