Advanced Composite Materials for Aerospace Engineering: Processing, Properties and Applications predominately focuses on the use of advanced composite materials in aerospace engineering. It discusses both the basic and advanced requirements of these materials for various applications in the aerospace sector, and includes discussions on all the main types of commercial composites that are reviewed and compared to those of metals.
Various aspects, including the type of fibre, matrix, structure, properties, modeling, and testing are considered, as well as mechanical and structural behavior, along with recent developments. There are several new types of composite materials that have huge potential for various applications in the aerospace sector, including nanocomposites, multiscale and auxetic composites, and self-sensing and self-healing composites, each of which is discussed in detail.
The book’s main strength is its coverage of all aspects of the topics, including materials, design, processing, properties, modeling and applications for both existing commercial composites and those currently under research or development. Valuable case studies provide relevant examples of various product designs to enhance learning.
- Contains contributions from leading experts in the field
- Provides a comprehensive resource on the use of advanced composite materials in the aerospace industry
- Discusses both existing commercial composite materials and those currently under research or development
- ISBN: 9780081000540 |
- Hardcover: 496 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Apr 26, 2016 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook