A Practical Guide to SysML, Third Edition, fully updated for SysML version 1.4, provides a comprehensive and practical guide for modeling systems with SysML. With their unique perspective as leading contributors to the language, Friedenthal, Moore, and Steiner provide a full description of the language along with a quick reference guide and practical examples to help you use SysML.
The book begins with guidance on the most commonly used features to help you get started quickly. Part 1 explains the benefits of a model-based approach, providing an overview of the language and how to apply SysML to model systems. Part 2 includes a comprehensive description of SysML that provides a detailed understanding that can serve as a foundation for modeling with SysML, and as a reference for practitioners. Part 3 includes methods for applying model-based systems engineering using SysML to specify and design systems, and how these methods can help manage complexity. Part 4 deals with topics related to transitioning MBSE practice into your organization, including integration of the system model with other engineering models, and strategies for adoption of MBSE.
- Learn how and why to deploy MBSE in your organization with an introduction to systems and model-based systems engineering
- Use SysML to describe systems with this general overview and a detailed description of the Systems Modeling Language
- Review practical examples of MBSE methodologies to understand their application to specifying and designing a system
- Includes comprehensive modeling notation tables as an appendix that can be used as a standalone reference
- ISBN: 9780128008003 |
- Hardcover: 630 pages |
- Publisher: Elsevier Science |
- Publication date: Oct 23, 2014 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook