Discover your roots!
Everything you need to start your Irish ancestry is in this book. You'll learn how to investigate the various generation of your family, the events that shaped their lives, the details about how they lived, and the story of their emigration.Inside you'll find:
- Guidelines for determining an Irish ancestor's place of origin
- Advice for accessing Irish cemetery, land, church, estate, census, and military records
- Civil registration of births, marriages and deaths as well as emigration lists
- Sources and strategies for researching Irish ancestors that settled in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, England, Scotland, Wales, and the Caribbean
Plus answers to common questions: How far back in time can you expect to trace your family; and how does Protestant Irish research differ from Catholic Irish research?
- ISBN: 9781440324284 |
- Publisher: F+W Media |
- Publication date: Feb 24, 2012 |
- Language: English |
- Format: Ebook